Friday, April 14, 2006

"H" is for heart attack!

So I attempt to set up an extra system for the Accounting department today after talking with the Accounting Dept Manager and the IT Manager about it. After getting hearty approvals, I begin. I get the system completed and suddenly, the Accounting Manager and his Assistant can no longer get to the financial database where all the information is supposed to be stored. My supervisor (the IT Manager) tells me it looks like the financial database might be gone. This is the moment that I wish I were wearing brown pants. I quickly realize what it feels like to expect an imminent heart attack.

We take a look at the error messages and after about 10 minutes, we realize that it's possible that the data is still there, but we can't quite get to it. A little bit of tweaking and voila! The database is accessible and the data is intact. About 20 minutes after confirming that the data was fine, the adrenaline wears off and I NEED to take a walk outside the office. I finally get my mind back into the right mode and can continue to work.

This has been a really rough week. I'm going to bed.

1 more ramblings:

dubby said...

"M" is for Miracle Worker!