Sunday, February 26, 2006

The worst appears to be over...

Becca appears to be fine now. After a restless night of severe gas pains, screaming, crying, etc., she now running around after her sister, playing happily and generally being NORMAL self. Isn't it amazing how quickly a child can recover from things?

I find myself wishing I could carve out a piece of my immune system and give it to my wife. (I tend not to get sick and she finds every illness in a 10 mine radius.) She's a bronchitis magnet and has had the fits of dry hacking coughs 3 times since we've moved here at the end of July. Each time, she's sick for about 2 months and the third time began about 2-3 weeks ago. This means (do the math here) that there's only been 3 months worth of time that she hasn't been ill out of just short of 7 months here. When she's hacking and coughing at night she needs to sleep in a nearly sitting position, which boils down to sleeping on the couch. Really hard on our relationship. She's back in the bed now (perhaps this is a short bout of sickness) and hasn't coughed much, so maybe her body has decided that it likes the state where she grew up. Only time will tell.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day, gonna be in the 50's today. I think I'll try to spend some time outside.

TTFN!

0 more ramblings: