Thursday, February 23, 2006

It's about time

Well... It's finally happened. I now have a blog. I won't try to convince you that I hadn't thought about it before - because it would be a lie of biblical proportions - but I have finally gotten around to it.

My next trick will be to acquire new employment. I was released from my position as Director of IT at the local Peterbilt dealership, but I think that was a blessing in disguise as I've heard a lot of bad things about the decisions that have been made there in the past. Besides, I'm more of a team player anyway. I'd rather be part of a team than a one man show. I've had 3 good interviews in the last week and a half so I'm not in dispair or anything like that, but I'd rather be done with all the looking and applying, etc.

I'd also like it better when I wasn't being hounded by my mother-in-law. She's quite insane you know. She sees only the negatives in every situation and then goes about beating you with that negativity until you're concussed beyond all hope. Of course, she doesn't see it as being negative (Who would have guesses?!). She also doesn't see that she's nosy (once again, who would have guessed?!). I'm not sure how many times I've asked her not to pry into my personal thoughts and that it's not necessary nor is it appreciated for her to know everything about what's going on in my life. Instead, she treats me like a 5 year old. I HATE IT! What choice do I have but to refuse to answer her questions and tell her something like "It doesn't concern you" or "It's none of your business" in much kinder words of course.

I think I've gotten the worst of the angst out for the day. Please feel free to read about the rest of my family at my wife's first blog, her second blog, my older daughter's blog, or my youngest daughter's blog.

I can already see the need for me to create a second blog that won't be quite so G-rated. I think I'll do most - I'll try to make that ALL - of my ranting, raving, and complaining there and leave this one available for general, amusing, and otherwise positive things.

Speaking of amusing, find out what people really think about dolphins.

I suppose it's time to do some productive things now. I'll be back later. Maybe later today even.

0 more ramblings: