Tuesday, March 18, 2008

1 Month!

Today marked 1 month at the new job. So far, so good. I'm getting the hang of things and people seem to appreciate my efforts and understand that I'm new. I think it'll all work out and I'm beginning to understand how all the software interacts with the various databases. Yay! :) I've put a lot of hard work into learning the particulars of this specific position.

Next week I have training for 3 days which means 3 consecutive days of getting there at 7:00 and leaving at 14:30. Joy - NOT!

So far this week the pager has disrupted my sleep each and every night. I'm hoping tonight will be different, but I doubt it. Anyway, I just wanted to mark the occasion. :) Now I can get back to my regular posting. :)

This post was brought to you by the letters D, B, A, and the number 1.

2 more ramblings:

dubby said...

A month already? And the pager really DOES go off a lot? Bummer.

King Isepik said...

Yes, it's been a month. The pager does go off a lot, but the overwhelming majority of the time it goes off is between 7pm and 9pm when it's telling me that things are going well. There have been a couple of times it's gone off in the middle of the night, but last night it never went off.

That first night I wanted to be sure it woke me up so I had the volume set to the maximum. When it went off, it really scared the Queen. Ooops! :)

In most cases, it won't even go off in the night, but I've found a volume that wakes me and not the Queen, so there should be fewer issues - I hope. :)