Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Bullseye.

Perhaps I need to get a personal fire-suit. You know, the kind professional race car drivers use to protect them from fire. I say this because apparently, I wear a shirt with a giant bullseye painted on it. This bullseye happen to be completely invisible to me. It's either that or I'm blind. I'm not sure exactly which.

Twice today, the Queen has become unglued about something completely out of my hands, and directed her ire at me. Trust me, you don't want to be the recipient of that fire storm. I can accept her flames if I'm the actual cause of it. You know, if I had done the typical husband thing and screwed up her plans or her property, I would actually deserve it.

I see no reason to be anyone's whipping boy just because they need to be pissed off at someone. I could even deal with it if I got an apology when I'm wrongly persecuted. Unfortunately for me, that's not happening and I need some creative assistance in resolving this issue.

I'm sure I'm not the only one around here with this problem. How do the rest of you handle it. I'm not sure whether to become unglued myself (probably not a good idea), scream something sarcastic back at her and let her stew in her own juices, shut up and take it (I KNOW this one isn't a good idea), demand an apology and tell her to redirect her anger at the true target, or something else that I haven't considered.

Do any of you nice folks have a suggestion? I'm on my knees and asking for assistance. Thank you very much.

2 more ramblings:

Obliviocelot said...

When she gets mad... offer to take her out for ice cream? Okay, maybe not such a good idea. Trying to make her laugh might help, but don't just start laughing or she'll REALLY get mad. Maybe you could leave and go for a walk. Or you could quietly listen to her till she stops for a breath and then say "Did I ever tell you I love it when you...?" and then fill in the blank. Play the piano. Read to the kids. Make chicken. Whatever. Which I'm sure is the last thing you want to say when you're being yelled at. Of course, you probably don't want to take relationship advice from me. Look at my relationship status. ;P

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from such blisters. Basically, I just remind myself that I'm dealing with a female. My observation has been that females... well, I'll stop here before I get in more trouble, but every time I remember that she is a female, it kinda makes more sense, and I find it easier to say "yes, dear, whatever you say", and wait for the storm to blow over. Good luck.