Monday, February 12, 2007

Some People...

My long awaited Monday night 24 session was interrupted today by some idiot gunman trying to kill some local residents at a local mall. As a result of his stupidity, all the local stations went to live coverage of the developments. This started about 15 minutes before the 2 hour 24 marathon was supposed to start. This means that no 24 for me tonight. I guess I'll have to try to find it on the Inter-web (a phrase from one of my friends).

I feel for all the families who lost members tonight, but if the guy had waited until there weren't so many families around, and he was surrounded by SWAT before his attempt to commit suicide, there would be far fewer families contemplating burial of loved ones. Please don't misunderstand me, I don't approve of what the guy did, and I DO know that it was a serious matter. I just don't get why so many people decide to try to take out innocent by-standers when they decide to take their own life. My stand: "If you really feel the need to end your life, then do so. That's between you and God. By all means, leave everyone else out of it!"

I'll dismount my soapbox now.

Abrupt subject change: The one bright note to this evening is that our DVR was installed tonight. We now have the ability to record 2 shows while watching one that was recorded earlier. Now we aren't so dependent on the TV schedule. Yay!

This post was brought to you by the letters N, U, T, C, A, S, E, and the number 54.

0 more ramblings: