Saturday, January 14, 2012

On Starters

So... On my way to my friend's house last night, I stopped at a 7-11 to grab a couple of snacks. When I returned to the car, the starter died. I know it was the starter as we checked the fuses and relays. So I got permission to leave it there overnight and made plans to repair it the following morning and got a ride home from one of my friends.

This morning, I stopped by Auto-Zone and purchased a new starter on the way to the 7-11 to perform surgery on the car.

After a successful, 2-hour surgery, the patient fired up like a champ. I'm proud of my ability to be handy. :) I probably saved us a few hundred bucks on towing and mechanic labor. I'll tell you this one thing. It is NOT pleasant working on a car in front of a convenience store in the COLD.

At least it's all done now. Cars are such money pits. :)

This post was brought to you by the letters F, I, X, and the number 13.

0 more ramblings: