Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

Yesterday, We celebrated Memorial Day here in the United States of America. While I've never served in the Armed forces of America and I am not a fan of my nation's foreign policies, I believe in the people in our armed forces and I greatly appreciate what they do on a daily basis for our country.

I've had relatives in the armed services and friends in those same armed services. I hope the old friends I had are OK and I'd like to take this chance to thank them for their service.

Thanks to all our past and present military service men and women. It's a shame our country's policies put you in harm's way on a daily basis, but I thank you for hefting the mantle and doing a thankless job well anyway.

Thank you so much! Stay safe.

This post was brought you you by the letters U, S, A, and the number 4.

2 more ramblings:

dubby said...

Allen doesn't like to wear his uniform in public because too many people thank him! He hasn't done anything -- yet.

King Isepik said...

Oh, but he has! He has volunteered to defend the rest of us. That's a lot.