Saturday, April 26, 2008

Lettuce and Spinach!

We planted lettuce and spinach in the garden today. I figure that by the time they are close to germination, we'll be completely free and clear of frost danger. If not, then I've managed to waste some time playing in the dirt. :)

The garden is coming along pretty nicely. We have 3 rows each of lettuce and spinach and 4 rows of peas. The next things I plan to put into the garden is 1 hill of cucumbers, 1 hill of zucchini, 1 pumpkin plant, about 6 tomato plants, about 4 pepper plants, and a row or 2 of corn. None of the rest of this will be done before the middle of May. We'll be able to harvest something from the garden in late June if all goes well. :)

Anyway, I'll have to get some pictures when things start to come up.

This post was brought to you by the letters V, E, G, and the number 3.

3 more ramblings:

dubby said...

So I need to hold off on my trip out there until these leaves are coming up!

Queen Karana said...

FOUR pepper plants? AGH!!!

Whatever. It's your garden. :) And you always do such a nice job.

King Isepik said...

Perhaps you shall, Dubby. :) We should have some goodness around the 4th of July. :)

Queen, you might be right, perhaps I'll go with 2 pepper plants and a row of onions. :)